In 2013 Google launched Chromecast and it became one of the most useful devices to cast movies and TV shows right from your smartphone to your Smart TV. Basically, Google Chromecast is a small wireless device which is attached to your smart TV and that allows users to live stream any movies, TV shows, or music they want right from your smartphone to your TV. So are you facing problem while setting up Google Chromecast? Let us learn the procedure of Google Chromecast Setup if you are totally new to this thing.
Google Chromecast is circle shaped wireless dongle which can be controlled right from your mobile phone. Yes, you heard it right. You can cast your music and videos directly from your laptop or smartphone or PC to your TV. So let’s say if you have a membership of Netflix or Amazon Prime, you can directly cast your favorite Movies or TV right from your mobile phone to your TV.
The main advantage of buying Google Chromecast is
- It is wireless, all you have to do is attach that dongle to your TV using HDMI port and turn on the Google Chromecast adapter
- It cast all your movies and TV shows in Full HD quality, you can also set the type of quality based on your Internet bandwidth.
- There are tons of applications available like Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, Youtube, Google Play Movies and many more things.
- You can customize and set your favorite Movies, Music and TV Shows
- You can also change the template of the dashboard.
- It is hardly 5-minute process, all you have to do is configure it for once and leave it
- Simple and Easy to use.
- The basic requirement of Google Chromecast is a good working LED TV and a smartphone with Android or iOS platform.
Google Chromecast Setup Guide: How Easily you can Cast your Music & Videos
The first thing you have to do is connect your Google Chromecast dongle to your TV and Download the Chromecast Application from (https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/).
So let’s start Google Chromecast Setup procedure:
- Plug in your Google Chromecast, the end of HDMI port willbe connectedd to your TV as an input and another micro USB port will be connected to the power adapter
- After plugging in the device, Download Google Home Chromecast application for your smartphone.
- You can download Google Home Chromecast application for Android & iOS devices.
- Once it is downloaded, wait for it to get install, after installing launch Google Home application on your smartphone and it will ask you to accept all the terms and condition.
- After accepting all the terms and condition, tap on Devices and allow Google Home to fetch your mobile location. Just simply click on Allow.
- Once it’s done, click on Setup Link to set a proper environment for Google Chromecast to detect the device.
- First turn on your phone Bluetooth and turn your phone WiFi on and connect your phone with Chromecast Hotspot and make sure it doesn’t disconnect.
- Now you have to tap on Continue button in order to Setup Google Chromecast.
- After tapping on Continue button you will notice that your phone will start searching for the Chromecast setup device and as soon as it finds it, it will try to connect it.
- After connecting it will show you a code on your TV screen and your smartphone. All you have to do is make sure both the codes are same or sometimes ask us to select code which is shown on the screen in order to pair the device.
- Once it is done, tap on I see the code button.
- In next step, you have to select your Country and then you have to change the default name of your Chromecast.
- You can also Enable Guest Mode, let’s say if guest is coming to your home, they can use it without any login problems, though you can disable it from settings.
- Now you have to select your WiFi and enter the credential of your WiFi and tap on continuing.
- After entering your WiFi credentials you have to Sign in to your Google account for Google Chromecast Setup.
- Once you are logged in, you are good to go. You can easily cast your Music and Videos directly to your TV. In last step, Google has given an option where you can learn how to cast videos to Chromecast. You can either learn it or Skip if you already know.
- So our Google Chromecast Setup has finally finished, now you can quickly cast your Movies, TV Shows and Music within few seconds
Apart from casting, Chromecast app also allows download new applications like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Youtube, NBC, Hotstar, etc. Chromecast is a readymade application available on Play Store for free from which you can live stream all your media from your mobile to your TV within few seconds in High Quality.
If you are facing any kind of issues while setting up Google Chromecast then please let us know in comments and we will try our best to help you to get rid of such problems.